Air Duct Sanitizing – What is it and What Does it Do?
A-1 Heat & Air Conditioning’s Air Duct Sanitizing Service utilizes a product called EnviroCON®. It is a disinfectant as well as a deodorizer that kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, mold, and mildew, in addition to eliminating odors. A EnviroCON® treatment will inhibit the accumulation and growth of any contaminants for up to 6 months after the application.
Who Needs It?
- Anybody with health concerns triggered by any of the above-listed items, e.g. anyone with asthma allergies or weak immune systems.
- Anyone who has had water damage.
- Anyone trying to eliminate foul odors.
- Anyone who has had an animal in their system.
How is it Applied?
- The product is fogged directly into the duct system. We utilize a special fogger system that provides just the right amount of mist to coat the interior of your entire duct system.
Will There Be Blowback in the Home?
- No. The treatment is a liquid and is applied inside of the duct work.
Is it Safe? Do I Need to Leave My House?
- Yes, it is safe. No, you don’t need to leave your home. The product we use has many different applications; it is commonly used in hospitals to clean surfaces such as countertops.
How Do You Reach All the Areas of the Ductwork?
- The hose from the fogger is inserted into the main lines of the ductwork and moved through the lines until all surfaces of the duct lines are coated.
How Often Does It Need to be Done?
- Only as necessary, on a case by case basis. Sanitizing is not necessary for every customer, just those instances stated in the “who needs it?” section above. It only needs to be done once per instance, say a flood, and will not need to be treated again unless another instance occurs. There are no negative effects from sanitizing and it can be done for whoever would like the treatment for peace of mind.
What’s the Difference Between the Sanitizing Service and the Cleaning Service?
- Our air duct cleaning service removes contaminates from the system with mechanical agitation through whipping and vacuuming, which removes contaminants from the system using only air. Our air duct sanitization treatment is applied after a cleaning to sanitize the duct system.